Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Okay. So it's a kind of bromeliad

All over Guatemala, we've noticed weird plants growing ON power lines.  It never loses its novelty.

They look like this:


In unrestricted "Check out the big brain on Brad !" Mode, I opined ... must be some kind of bromeliad.

I'm not sure I had/have ANY idea what a bromeliad is, but ... I digress.

But they ARE some sort of bromeliad !!

  http://airplants.com.au/faq.htm

Who knew ?
Go figure.

It's the little things (another gratuitous "Pulp Fiction" reference ?  I'll never tell.....).

Ciao for now ... from the Horticulturally Nearly-Fluent Office of ... The Gulag.

1 comment:

  1. Thought they might be home for the birds [Hair reference] but...now I know what I want for my front porch: a plant that doesn't need me :-)

    ReplyDelete