Friday, May 9, 2014

My Mayo Liver Doc (not the Fellow) Weighs In....

AHS is not within my area of expertise.  I do believe you should be evaluated by someone who is well versed in drug induced liver disease as a starting point. Dr. Bonkovsky would be a good person to start with
Okay.  Let me see if I understand correctly.  You don't really know much about Anticonvulsant Hypersensitivity Syndrome, or .... DRESS.

I guess that doesn't bother me, per se.  It might not BE a Gastroenterology/Hepatology thing.

But it doesn't sound as though you gave it a moment's thought, huh ?  

Maybe another department, at Mayo, would know a ton about this stuff ?  

Maybe a referral in this area code or time zone is still better than a referral to a liver guy in North Carolina -- particularly if this was really immunological or infectious, rather than being a straight liver thing ?

Nope.  I'm staying in Rochester, and will keep camping out in the lobby until Internal Medicine sees me.  I think I need to be seen by an Immunologist AND an Infectious Diseases doctor.  I think that's easier here than it would be in North Carolina.

So that's the update.  I got a walk in, but it was cold, ominous and windy.  Passed out when I got back.

Tomorrow's another day ... here ... in the meteorologically imperfect Northern reaches of ... The Gulag :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment